Speaking opportunities: Infosecurity webinars, December ’15
November 23, 2015 Leave a comment
I’m currently looking for speakers for the webinars below.
Please note our criteria for speaker selection:
- analysts, academics or CIOs/CISOs are preferred
- consultants and experts working for IT companies will be considered, provided their sole business is not IT security products (software or hardware); consultants must be vendor-independent.
The Nightmare After Christmas: Plugging the Mobile Security Gap
Thurs, Dec 10, 1500 GMT
Personal devices are now very capable and every bit as powerful as PCs were a few years ago. And people expect to be able to use their devices at work: Mobile is the new normal. This holiday season, mobile devices – especially tablets or cell phones -are likely to be once again set to be a very popular gift.
Yet while unwrapping a shiny new gadget might well bring joy to employees, for security teams the problems really start in January when people try to connect such devices to the office network.
Moreover a lot of security teams don’t see mobile as a high-risk threat, even though attackers increasingly see it as a sweet spot. Mobile devices are the backdoor to the corporate network and sophisticated attacks can exploit it, unless enterprises act now to close the door.
In this webinar we will delve into the mobile security threat and:
- Examine recent exploits such as xCodeGhost (iOS) and Trojanised Adware (Android);
- Look at the growing risk posed by mobile devices especially as businesses do more on the move;
- Set out strategies for CISOs to secure and manage mobile devices to reduce the threat and
- Assess how tools including machine learning can bolster enterprises’ defenses whilst allowing staff to work where they choose.
The many productivity, cost, and agility benefits from basing your business around Office 365 are clear. But perhaps what is not so apparent is the amount of work that is required in order to realize these benefits, in particular making sure that you can do so securely.
Join us for this webinar where we will examine the basic requirements for secure Office 365 deployment in particular as regards identity management.
In our session with a panel of experts we will explore:
- Identity management— including directory synchronization and federation
- Setting up mobility management effectively
- Secure application integration
Suggestions for speakers should reach me by email no later than 1700 GMT, Thurs 26 November.