Speaking opportunity: security and the Internet of Things
August 14, 2015 Leave a comment
I’m looking for speakers for the following webinar, for Infosecurity Magazine, which goes out live on Sept 17, at 1500 BST.
As ever our preference is for CIOs or CISOs, academic researchers or independent consultants. if the session is of interest please contact me by email initially: journalism at stephenpritchard dot com
Locking Down the Internet Of Things
Yet this opens up a new level of security concerns for the organization in how best to protect not just the myriad of devices, but the data coming to-and-from them. For many securing these devices appears to be an afterthought, making the IoT revolution akin to the ‘Wild West’.
Join us for this webinar, where a panel of experts will explore the possible threat that the IoT could bring to your organization and answer your questions. Join the conversation as the panel discusses:
- What IoT devices do, what data they collect, who owns the data they collect, where the data is being collected
- Which vulnerability assessments or certifications do devices have
- The ‘as-is’ state of your network and why you need an audit to understand what is accessing your system, when, what it does when it sees data, and what it communicates to/where
- What policies and procedures you need to deploy
- How you can ensure IT, security and network teams educate themselves on the latest when it comes to devices, standards, and issues