Upcoming commission: biometrics in financial services
April 6, 2015 2 Comments
For an upcoming report in The Times (provisionally to appear on April 30) in writing the following features:
Financial services and biometrics
Banks have seen a massive rise in online banking fraud over the last year.
- Can banks more to protect consumers through new biometric technology?
- Will adding biometrics can reduce fraud, prevent identity theft and account takeovers?
- What steps have banks already taken to improve security through biometrics – which have worked and which have not?
- What determines the success or failure of biometric ID roll outs?
- Which technologies are on the horizon which financial firms could deploy?
Plus: break out on biometric payments and case study of a financial services brand using biometrics for their customers.
I’m keen to hear from banks and other retail financial services providers, analysts, researchers, regulators and technology providers.
Deadline for expressions of interest – by email – 1700 BST, 9 April